Friday, April 30, 2010

A beginning

Last night I was shamed into making my first blog post. Everything has been sitting here, set up for a while, but life seemed to take over and in between writing other things, playing the clarinet, performing, discovering my new tarogato and planning for the coming months somehow my first blog post never made it into the ether. So here it is now, along with an invitation to join a conversation with me about art and the place that it has in life – my life, your life, the life of our immediate community and our country. I think those of us who are artists or working in the arts can too easily forget that for many people what we are so passionately involved with is not considered important, and certainly not necessary. The purpose of stimulating any kind of ongoing conversation or debate through a forum like this is really to see if we can’t collectively try to ‘MacGyver’ a new arts radar and system of measurement for ourselves and for others. It might make a good iphone app. actually...

No comments:

Post a Comment